Are you doing this alone?

Daddy's right terminated and you are doing this single mommy stuff all by yourself with no help from anyone.

I am doing this with family support but finacially alone and I was just curious who else was in the same boat as me :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was and with three kids but they are finally grown and gone now. YEAH!!!! It was not easy but we got through it and you will too. Just hang in there

Answer by admckenzie at 11:51 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Im married but my dh is deployed. I have the financial support but not the family support, we live too far away from family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• i could say im in the same boat. im 23 single mother the sperm donor as i call him has never been around seen my daughter once when she was 2 weeks old for a hr. and that was the last time. i cant work cuz im on disability cuz of my back and i have cancer. and i dont really have any family help and i live on my own and been making it up to this point. i have no idea what my next move is. its hard bein a single mom huh?
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• one thing i want to add is i do have a wonderful boyfriend and we are planning to get things moving forward in our relationship and i cant wait. but for now i still need to figure out what im gonna do untill we live together and get married. he helps me as much as he can though and i love him so much! he's good to me and my daughter
    kuuipo317

Answer by kuuipo317 at 12:32 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• My son's father hasn't been around in 13 years. His rights are not terminated because the courts denied it, no right to inherit if parental rights are terminated. He pays a whopping $46 a week and only because it is court ordered or he wouldn't even do that. I have been a single mom all my son's life. My parents help out when I need it but my son's care and upbringing is all on me. I honeslty wouldn't change being a single mom, it is the best to me. My son and I have an awesome relationship and are doing fine. It would be nice to have extra money to go on vacations and such but it's not necessary.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I am a proud single mom. Dead beat daddy's rights were terminated 6 days after my son turned 1 and with that, I told them to drop what he did owe for child support because I didn't need his money and probably wouldn't get it ever anyways. I have tried the whole relationship thing and just got out of one that was very dysfunctional, it was not easy but now I have come to the realization that it is a lot more fun and easier to be doing it alone. I hope that one day I will find that special person who will love us always and forever but for now, I am happy with it being just my son and I. My parents help watch my son when I need them to and they would do anything for us because we are that close but as far as taking care of us financially, I do it all on my own and I do have to say we are living pretty good.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 1:12 PM on Jun. 27, 2009