How come the horses in the Exodus die twice in the Ten Plagues and still survive for Pharoah to mount a final attack against the Israelites, and then die again

Ex 9:1-7: all the Egyptian livestock (including horses) die in a plague.
Ex 9:18-25 all the live stock are again killed in a huge hail-storm.
Ex 14: 6-23 Pharaoh chased the Israelites on their HORSES and chariots.

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 11:40 AM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The first plague was an illness on the livestock (including horses) of Egypt. But God spared all the horses and livestock of Israel. "But the Lord will make a distinction between the livestock of Israel and the livestock of Egypt, so that nothing will die of all that belongs to the sons of Israel."

Remember the Israelites were the slaves of the Egyptians. I would be certain that the Egyptians would take the livestock (including horses) that belonged to Israel. Why would they allow their slaves to own livestock, while they starved? So they took the animals belonging to Israel.

The next plague had a warning. Moses said, "Now therefore send, bring your livestock and whatever you have in the field to safety. Every man and beast that is found in the field and is not brought home, when the hail comes down on them, will die" So they sheltered the horses that they took from the Hebrew slaves and used them to pursue the Hebrews.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 1:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• ...'cuz it's all just a fairytale.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:42 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I have a hang over (too much fun last night) so let me ask you something so I don't have to pull out the bible. Is it possible they got more horses? Does it same the same exact horses? Did it say without getting new horses they died again? It might-IDK-I have a headache lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• nice mamak---real nice
    Anonymous

• They could not have had time to get more horses because they were suffering from horrible boils next.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:46 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• were wild horses around? maybe they just had spare horses? maybe wild horses came back to them. I had a boil on booty once---I would be able to function---but ride a horse? Well maybe not...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• ouch anon! Booty boils are the worst!
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 11:51 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• all butt boils and hangovers aside, I wouldn't take the Bible to be an exact timetable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• 9:1-7 was their cattle
    9:18-25 covered men and animals in the field

ya don't think they sheltered their horses?????????????
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 11:57 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• verse 3: the LORD will send a deadly plague to destroy your HORSES, donkeys, camels, cattle, and sheep.

verse 25: It left all of Egypt in ruins (the hail). Everything left in the fields was destroyed--people, animals, and crops alike. Even all the trees were destroyed.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2009