what does your children call your parents

I am a young mother and my mom just turned 45. She doesnt' like to be called grandma what other names do they call you? My dad doesn't want to be called grandpa also.

Madelyn_Marie

Asked by Madelyn_Marie at 11:41 AM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My mom and dad are Nana and Poppy
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:44 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• mine mom is grandma and my step dad is pappy. My dad is grandpa and my stepmom is grammy, but she never sees the 2 of them
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 11:45 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• My mom is grammy, and while dad was alive he was grumpy.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• we use mimi and poppy and my friends grand kids call her is micie and pop pop i would think being called grand ma would be a priviliage my aunt was a grandma at 35 with her first grand baby she loved being called grand ma b/c it shocked people who didnt know the family...lol
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 12:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Memah and Grandaddy and Granny and Granda.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Both my parents and DH's parents are grandma and grandpa for now. She's only 8 months so she has time to "name" them is she chooses.

My grandparents are mommom and poppop and grammie and poppop. Mommom is the only original one out of those.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 1:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• My dad is Papa. My mother in law is Gramma. My sister in law's first grandchild was born when she was 35 and she has always been called Gramma. She thought it was funny.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:09 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Mimi and Poppy.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Well I'd find out what they'd like to be called, and if I agreed, then we'd settle on that. On the other (bitchy) hand, you could always say that if they don't want to be called a grandparent, then they won't be treated like one.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2009