what does your children call your parents

I am a young mother and my mom just turned 45. She doesnt' like to be called grandma what other names do they call you? My dad doesn't want to be called grandpa also.

Madelyn_Marie

Asked by Madelyn_Marie at 11:42 AM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have an extended family so we are still kinda working on what to call some of the grandparents. My mom is grandma, my step dad and dad are both grandpa, My MIL is nana and hubbys step dad is papa, and so far we call hubbys dad and step mom grandpa and grandma too. I think I may wait to see if DD ends up calling them someting else, its probably going to get confusing. The only reason the inlaws are nana and papa is because thats what our niece calls them already.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 12:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• GiGi, Boompa, Grammy, Pawpaw Ray
    RomansMom25

Answer by RomansMom25 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• my mom is Mamaw (from my oldest niece), my dad is Vovo (Portuguese for Grandpa), hubby's mom is Granny, hubby's (step)dad is Grumpy (just his nickname), my grandma is Mammy (she's had that name since my sister was born), my stepmom is BB (she wanted that name, she's not a 'mother' figure to me or my sister, so when my nephew was born she gave herself that name, and her grandma has been called GG, for greatgrandma, since my stepbrother was born so she thought it went well, plus her name is Debbie so it has 2 b's in it), hubby's grandma is GranJan & grandpa is PopaBob (those have been their names since hubby was born).
    DreaKevAiyana

Answer by DreaKevAiyana at 2:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• my mom is mawmaw, mil is meme, stepmom is nana, all 3 grandpas are pawpaw
    Anonymous

• My parents are mema and poppy and my inlaws are grandma and pappy.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• My daughter calls both my mom and her fathers mom- "mom"
    I'm "MAMA" and her great grandma is "mami"
    iri24

Answer by iri24 at 5:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• my mom and dad is grandma and grandpa, all others are papaw, nana, or granny
    Elizabeth_07

Answer by Elizabeth_07 at 7:21 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• my mom and mother - in-law are both nana and my stepdad is papa and father in law is pa there great gpa is popie
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 11:36 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• My mom is nana, my grandma is GG, my grandpap is pap/pappy, SO's mom is sissy, SO's grandma is amma, and SOs grandpap is THE pap. (He came up with all of these himself)
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 11:30 AM on Jul. 1, 2009

• My 22month old daughter calls my mom "mom, my stepdad (daddy) and her dad's mom "mom" calls me mama.
    iri24

Answer by iri24 at 6:20 PM on Oct. 9, 2009