Does clear snot mean not contagious?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Clear snot is good, lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• It usually means there is no infection.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 11:53 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• It doesn't always mean there is no infection. I had clear snot and I had a major sinus infection. My doctor and my sons doctor told me that color of snot doesn't indicate infection or lack of infection.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• could be allergiesbutterfly

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 8:13 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• i agree with tyfry. that's the same thing they teach us in our early childhood education classes. color of snot is of no significance.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:21 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Not necessarily. The color of the snot really means very little.
    I've had bad colds with clear snot. And I've had allergies with thick, yellow snot. All snot really means is that you have a runny nose for some reason.
    If I took my daughter somewhere and another child had a runny nose, we'd go home. And I'd think rude thoughts about the mom who was so happy to share her kids snot with everyone else.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:24 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Snot is snot and can always mean contagious. Color means nothing.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 2:18 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• "If I took my daughter somewhere and another child had a runny nose, we'd go home. And I'd think rude thoughts about the mom who was so happy to share her kids snot with everyone else." Wtf? Why the hell would you think 'rude thoughts' about a mother who had a snotty kid? All kids get snotty from time to time, especially at nursery etc. Life goes on!
    Jen_C_26

Answer by Jen_C_26 at 4:04 PM on Oct. 7, 2009