Buying a new vehicle

I need a new vehicle. My husband has been on this kick of looking for incase something happens to my car. We found a 2001 Ford Escape with 80,000 miles for $8,000. When I looked it up on the internet, the price is right. But he doesnt think we can afford it. I am looking at getting a job and in order to get one i will have to drive 45 minutes to and from work every day so I need a dependable vehicle...especially since I'm the one that is always transporting our 2 daughters. How can I convince him to get it for me? There have been several other people looking at the vehicle and I want to get it before its gone. Any ideas?

agrafel

Asked by agrafel at 11:53 AM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You may just have to find a less expensive vehicle. I know how important having a dependable vehicle is when you are transporting kids, but you can get one for under $4000, at least in most places I've lived. Try looking for used Volvo's with less than 100,000 miles. We had one in Spain, we paid $1200 for it, and it lasted us almost a year before it gave out, and it already had over 100000 miles on it. Volvos are typically dependable vehicles. If you want dependable at a lower price, you may also have to get something you don't particularly like the looks of either. But if you are set on this car, then you should stress its good points to your husband, and sit down with him to work up a budget and see if you really CAN afford it. Ease his worries a bit.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• You should try getting a subaru. Most of them last almost 300,000 miles, and the more miles the cheaper the car will be. My car loan is 6,000 and the payment is 175/month for 5 years.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 2:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2009