Does anyone know of any great churches in or near douglasville,ga?

Georgia, Douglas County, Paulding County

kalkis06

Asked by kalkis06 at 11:10 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm an atheist, but I've lived in Douglas County all my life. I don't know what denomination you are, but my mother belongs to Prince of Peace on HWY 5 and they have a good pre-school that's inexpensive and a pretty active congregation. I like the Lutherans because they drink and don't freak out about much. Everything in moderation, KWIM?

My father and stepmother attend Sheperd of the Hills on Chapel Hill Rd. I have attended several times. I like the pastor and they have grown by leaps and bounds over the last several years.

Hope that helps.
    Alana
    thelittlepecan

Answer by thelittlepecan at 4:53 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I'm sorry I'm not in that area, but I found our church by going to the www.mops.org website (Mothers of Preschoolers) and looking for churches in my area that hosted that particular moms group. I ended up finding a group at a church that we've now attended for 5 years! I think if they are mom friendly (by hosting a mom's group) they tend to have a lot of family activities and are very family friendly! I hope that helps!
    mommytoadam

Answer by mommytoadam at 8:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• The United Church of God-an Intrnational asscociation. look up: www.gnmagazine.org (or .com) and www.ucg.com (or .org)
    ashleyamanda

Answer by ashleyamanda at 2:09 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• We don't live there but these are some I found:

Hope Community Church
    8019 Durelee Ln
    Douglasville, 30134-2540

Roswell Street Baptist Church
    774 Roswell St
    Marietta, GA 30060
    (770) 424-9809
    http://www.roswellstreet.com

pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 1:24 AM on Jul. 9, 2008