Do dogs (and other animals) get the limb pricklies like humans?

Just saw my dog get up from a hard floor, and he's nursing his hind leg. I'm wondering if dogs get the same prickly feel like us humans when we sit too long on one side?

BlueSaphire

Asked by BlueSaphire at 12:09 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would assume that they could because its caused by the blood flow returning to an area after the circulation has been cut off. I would think that if a dog laid on her leg wrong it could cut off the circulation just like it does for us if we sleep wrong or something.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Like humans, as our pets get older their joints get stiff.. it may not be anything serious.. but if your pooch is older, or a larger dog that is over 3, he may have joint stiffness.. sucks.. but nothing terrible. there are nutritional ways you can give him some joint support and relief.. but if it is just on occasion and after being on a hard surface.. I suggest be a sweet mommy and give him a doggy massage. Warning!!! once you do this a couple times your pet will become spoiled and tend to expect it..lol they really are more like us than we think..lol Hope he feels better. I suggest just keeping an eye on it and maybe getting him a pet bed or making a large pillow he can lay on. That can help with some discomfort. If you notice it progressivly getting worse talk to your vet, he may be developing arthritis or hip dysplasia.. but that is worse case scenario, just monitor him! Hope this helps!
    Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 12:31 PM on Jun. 27, 2009