What, if anything, did u do 4 baby acne?

My LO is 17 days old & he has terrible baby acne. All of my kids had it, but this is by far the worst case. It has made his little eye swollen & red. I even took him 2 the doc 2day 2 make sure it wasn't something else. He looks like someone beat him up!

bhwrn1

Asked by bhwrn1 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Breastmilk! I put some on him today and it looks so much better! I have read and heard that BM has great healing properties (which is why they say to put it on your nipples if they are cracked and sore from BFing). I didn't think it would actually work, but I thought I would try it and it looks so much better! I put some more on after our last feeding session! Wish I had thought of this with my other two kids!
    bhwrn1

Answer by bhwrn1 at 9:43 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• DS's wasn't that bad but I just let it be and kept his face clean, it went away after a few weeks.
    Nesa_Z

Answer by Nesa_Z at 12:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Aveeno baby lotion worked for my baby.
    Anonymous

• If he's formula fed, its from that. It goes away though. Poor baby. That must be so uncomfortable. If they doctors not worry, try some baby lotion and see what happens.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 1:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• My newborn had bad acne too. I wipe her face with a warm, wet washcloth- no soap. Soap aggrivated her acne.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 2:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I was always told to do nothing more than what you would do in a bath (simple warm wash cloth to clean up their little face) otherwise, it was explained to me that baby acne is a way for your baby to push out all those extra hormones from you and the pregnancy and that any lotions would aggravate it more. I personally would leave it alone, it will go away on it's own and especially if the doctors not worried about it, it will go away on it's own.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 4:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2009