when did you potty train your kids

and i heard that a boy is harder to train then a girl is that true

mrs.dewberry01

Asked by mrs.dewberry01 at 12:11 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have 2 boys. My oldest is 7 and still pees in his bed at night sometimes. We didn't start training him til he was about 3. My youngest is 22 months. We will probably start training him after he turns 2. At least introduce him to the potty. Keep in mind that every child is different and trains at different ages. Girls are typically faster at potty training for boys but that is because they develop the physical muscles they need to hold their pee. Boys develop these muscles a little slower which is why they typically don't potty train til about 3. Like my oldest, we've had the hardest time potty training him but hopefully it'll be over soon! Good luck with everything!
    hurst0three

Answer by hurst0three at 5:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Mine both potty trained around 3 years old. My son was harder - he didn't potty train at nighttime until he was 8 (my daughter stopped wearing pullups at 3 when she was day time potty trained). Boys take longer to physically develop the control they need, plus they aren't as concerned with staying clean and dry, so yeah, they can be harder. Good luck!
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 12:44 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• My DD we introduced her to the potty at 18 mnths she didn't sit on it till about 21 months with a diaper on when she was about 25 months she started sitting on it with NO diaper but will not potty on it she is now 29 months and will sit on the potty no diaper for along time but not potty but as soon as she gets up she pees on the floor. I am prego due in Oct. and we decided just to wait till after Oct. to try more.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 1:33 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I potty trained my daughter at 19 mo. I found that she did alot better after we took away the diapers/pullups during the day. She didn't like peeing down her legs through her panties and so she started going and even letting us know she had to go after the first diaper free day. I am nervous about when the boys start to train. I have heard they are a little more stubborn. Good Luck
    valerie0103

Answer by valerie0103 at 3:23 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• my son was pooping in the potty at around 18 months but only when he told me he had to go, i didnt start forcing potty training till 23 months
    Elizabeth_07

Answer by Elizabeth_07 at 7:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2009