What would you do??? I'm in a sticky situation..

I work from 4-11:30. I like the fact that I get 30+ hours, one problem, the nighttime closing shift is not agreeing with me. Tonio wants to get up as early as 7:00 AM, which leaves me only 6 hrs a sleep at night. It's "ok" for the time being but I'm worried about school. Heres where it gets sticky. My job is closing down and moving to a different area. They are going to be even further from where I live than I already am. I am starting school this August, which means I can't do this nighttime stuff as often, which leaves me with less hours. If I'm not working near as much as I used to, it most likely won't be worth the drive just to make $7.70 an hr for only three days. I really am torn. Should I look for work closer to home with better hours/pay or should I just stick it out? If I do look for different jobs, I plan to at least stick with this one until I find something else.

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 12:14 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If you think that you can get another job i would attempt to. You have to do what works for you and if the night shift isn't working anymore i would look for something else.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 12:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I think your best option would be to find a job where you live. $7.70/3 days a week is not worth commuting for.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 12:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• My advice...look for something now...its slim pickens everywhere now so don't be too picky. If you have to move with the current job though stay with it but continue to job hunt it may be more inconvenient....but always job search while still have a job!!
    ormom1977

Answer by ormom1977 at 12:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I would start looking. If you keep your current job then atleast you can get some pay untill you find something new.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 1:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I have a similar situation- except my drive is an hour and my grrls like to get up around 6 or earlier...
    It has damaged my health... if you can- I would find something that let's you attend to your health cuz sleep and lack of it impacts your entire life... good luck momma...
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2009