Did you take monthly pictures of your children the first year?

I have tried to get professional pictures done of my son every month since he was 3 months old. I missed the first and second month and kind of feel guilty about it.

mrsjonzy

Asked by mrsjonzy at 12:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didn't this time and I regret it. I will next time!
    wanderingmuse

Answer by wanderingmuse at 12:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I had professional portraits taken every 2-3 months for the first year. Don't feel guilty about the first couple months - those are busy, exhausting times and it's hard to make it to an appointment like that. :)
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 12:41 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• No I didn't have the money to. In fact the only professional pics I have of my DD are her 1 week pics and some at 1 year. She is now 18 months. We have TONS of snap shots though.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:51 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• If you have a digital camera you can just take your own pictures. Make it a point to take pictures once every 2 weeks or so. Make a scrapbook of all the pictures. t's a great way to watch her/him grow!
    victoria.mommy

Answer by victoria.mommy at 12:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• My MIL is a photographer so I have no choice. She did his first pictures when he was 5 days old. Only 2 more months to go! It's kind of annoying to go into the studio every month but I like having the pictures.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I've never heard of getting professional pictures that often, usually every 6 months or so. But I take my own pictures of my kids every month in the same spot so I can see how much they grow. It's fun to look at later, although even with that I usually only print out every 3 months and put them together on a scrapbook page or something.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 1:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• He's almost three months old and the only professional pictures we have are from the hospital when he was two days old. It's on my mind every day and I really want to get him in some professional photos but I keep putting it off. The more I put it off the more I feel bad about it. =/
    Anonymous

• I don't get them done professionally but what I read one time was to take a picture every month with a large stuffed animal or propped in a chair so you can see how much growing has occured. I do my daughters with a stuffed tigger that was 2x the size of her when she was born. :o) I loved the idea and it has been great. I love comparing her new pics with her newborn.
    Calliesmomma179

Answer by Calliesmomma179 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I take snapshots every month, but only get my daughter's picture taken professionally every 3 months.
    laurel1208

Answer by laurel1208 at 4:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Every three months for me, but I also have a digital camera and can print my own pictures too. I take pictures at home and whatever at least a few times a week. I have something like 5000 pictures of my 18 month old on my computer. LOL :)
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 5:18 PM on Jun. 27, 2009