how do i get my daughter to stop taking her bottle to get to sleep?

my mother in-law has babysat my daughter since she was a baby she got her accustom to going to sleep with her bottle otherwise she cant get to sleep. shes 11mo. & shes still waking up at least 3 times a night for a bottle, i give her dinner before bed so she gets full & wont wake up at night but she still does. What should i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is very hard to stop a habit like that. When i tried with 2 of my kids we just switched to sippy cups. My son is about 17 months now and is fine with taking a sippycup of water to bed with him. If this doesn't work. The doctor even told me that it was ok to put the kids to bed with a bottle of water. Most of the time it is security thing for them. And water doesn't hurt their teeth.
    jmann83

Answer by jmann83 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I agree with jmann - try a sippy cup of water or a bottle of water. I would just push thru this one and be more stubborn than your daughter. It is really bad for their teeth to have milk or juice all night long, plus I've heard that it can lead to overweight kids too. The first couple nights will be the hardest - hang in there!
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 12:39 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• yeah she takes a sippy cup there's no problem there & yeah i think im gonna give her water now! no wonder shes 20lbs. really heavy! thank you girls!
    Anonymous

• Giving her water may tick her off pretty good if you make a cold turkey switch. I started watering the milk down and weaned mine to night time water over a month and a half.
    Anonymous

• Going to sleep with a bottle is ok, as long as it has water in it; otherwise your child is at risk for developing rotten teeth.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:57 PM on Jun. 27, 2009