strange headache/or stroke

I know sounds weird but I had a headache that started out mild then went so severe that the back of my neck was on fire and made me puke really hard for an half an hou,it was extremely painful and something I never want to expereince again.. I'm almost wondering if maybe it could've been a stroke? What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Health

• It sounds to me like a migraine. Everyone experiences them differently but they are always severe. Some people have migraine symptoms but don't feel head pain. I know when I got migraines, I threw up and lost my periferal vision during an attack, then I would see zig-zag lines for about 10 minutes and then I'd just have a horrible headache until I slept it off. Migraines typically start in a stressful situation or hormonal change so you might want to see a doctor and get it treated if they continue. I was gettin them 3 times a week and realized it was from my birth control!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• sounds like a migraine

If it was a stroke there would probably other symptoms if your worried call your DR

abellvalerie

Answer by abellvalerie at 12:23 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Sounds like a migraine, migraines can be severe enough to cause throwing up....I had a bad one that lasted for days, it got to the point where I went to my doctors and they gave me a shot in the butt to take it away, they had me stay there half a day to sleep because I hadn't slept in days from it.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I just asked my Physical Therapist about something similar. He said to say your vowels out loud and exaggerate when you say them. If your mouth works find then it's not a stroke. I had Bell's Palsy when I was younger and it paralyzed half my face. I don't want to experience that again. It hurt like you mentioned but my face "quit working" (eye wouldn't close, mouth wouldn't smile, etc). Try taking Motrin in case there is some swelling causing you a problem. If it persists, call the dr.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:09 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I agree it sounds like a migraine. Throwing up from them are very common. I was also told once that if you are worried about stroke to say your vowels and have someone listen to make sure you are not slurring at all and that your face is moving normally. Just to be safe I would talk to my doc though because they may wanna do a catscan to be sure its not anything more severe. Good luck and the good news is that they make some really good medicines for migraines. The bad news is that after you have one you will likely have more in the future.
    valerie0103

Answer by valerie0103 at 3:12 PM on Jun. 27, 2009