for real animal lovers!!! what should I do?

I have a dog and she is like my child but I have a good job offered overseas and now I dont know what to do! I cant take her with me because of her breed but I don't want to give her away! please help

AlexesmommySam

Asked by AlexesmommySam at 12:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Pets

• Well the best thing you could do is to find a family member or a friend that you trust that will take care of her for you. Or if your dog is so important to you turn down your job offers.
    jmann83

Answer by jmann83 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• i would personally turn down my job... i ahd a simiular stiuation but it was with my horse at the time or if that isnt feesable i would put her in a reputable kennel or family and friends if u job is for a long haul then i would suggest family and friends who know ur dog and her habbits but if its only for a few month then i would go with the kennels.
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 12:34 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• It depends on how long you'll be gone. If it's just for a few months, find a trusted friend or family member that could watch her. If it's longer than that, I would turn it down before I'd get rid of a pet. Good luck!
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 12:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• what breed is she?
    Anonymous

• she is a american staffordshire terrier! the move would be permanent and if I go I would want to find a way to bring her with me.
    AlexesmommySam

Answer by AlexesmommySam at 12:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• She should be able to go with you, probably will have to be quarrantined for a few days/weeks, but my Dad was in the military and we had 2 West Highland Terriers and they went to England, Wales, Ireland and Scotland with us and then came back to Texas. Check into it.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 3:48 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Check the laws for where you would be moving to. Believe it or not in some other countries a corgi has been desegnated an agressive breed and they are banned (i'm wanting to say Italy but i'm not 100% sure). If after checking with the laws for where you are moving and your dog is banned I would find a family member or friend who knows her and already loves her that way you know she'll have a good home.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 5:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I think its illegal to transport staffy's on some airlines... The breed is banned from flying. Not sure if its with all airline but many...
    I would turn the job down.. Depends on how close you really are with your dog in the end. If you can walk away without feeling guilty, then go ahead.. no one is going to stop you...
    If you cant... Stay where you are, and keep the commitment you made to your dog.
    Either way good luck.
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 3:35 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• have a family or friend foster her until you get back. You don't have to give her up if you don't want to :-) I live in a military town and there are always ppl who go overseas let their pet stay with a friend or a family member comes to get them.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 1:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• If the person is military, they cannot just say "Hey Sarge, I'm not going to Korea! I have a cat without a home!"

its not an option in most cases.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 1:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2009