IS IT ILLEGAL TO BURY YOUR PET

in your backyard in the state of California. I am in the Los Angeles county. I have gone to the Los Angeles Animal Control site that is provided. I am not finding anywhere on this site, that it is illegal. We lost our baby girl dog due to cancer! We are all very heartbroken and sad. She was a wonderful dog.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Pets

• OP: Thank you ladies! I was wondering if anyone in the Los Angeles county has encountered the same situation. I am sure they have. It is just nice to be able to come on here and get opinions, whether they are good or bad. Thanks again ladies you are awesome!

To Anon:
    Thank you and yes I do have a telephone.

Have a great weekend ladies!
    Anonymous

• call the humane soceity and ask ... i am assuming you have a telephone
    Anonymous

• In some places yes. Just call your local vet and ask. Just ignore the rude people.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 12:42 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• we used to bury our birds that died in our back yard, but a dog is considerably larger than a small little parakeet so i can't be sure. i'm sorry for your loss. you can call your local humane society to ask. my hubby says it's probably illegal because it could spread disease. but he's just speculating.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 12:46 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• You could have the dog cremated and keep the ashes in your house, or bury them. I'm very sorry for the loss of your pet. I know what it's like to lose a beloved furbaby.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 12:51 PM on Jun. 27, 2009