How long do you miscarry for?

I'm on day three and still bleeding quite a bit. I was 12 weeks and didn't know that I had a blighted ovum. Please help I just want this over with :/

ours

Asked by ours at 12:46 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• First off I am soooooo sorry ! I have miscarried 3 times all before 8 weeks. 2 times bleeding lasted about a normal period for me so about a week. My 2nd miscarriage I didn't ever naturally miscarry so I had to have a D&C and I bled for a few days then had a hemorrage about a month later and bled for about a month. Even had to go through a chemo shot because of it.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 1:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• it took me that i know of when i found out i lost the baby 4 days but from what the dr said 2 before that is when the baby heart stop so i would say 6 days

im so sorry i know how hard it is
    Anonymous

• It's very confusing. I don't really know how to feel and keep going from sad, to mad, to nothing. Everything was perfect as it was, or at least I thought it was. Now I don't even know how things are.
    ours

Answer by ours at 1:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• It's hard physically and emotionally you can phyically be ready to TTC again within 3 months (3 cycles) emotionally it can take a long time since your emotions can go all over the place one minute to the next.
    If you ever need to talk to someone just PM I have been thier before I know how it feels.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 1:42 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• OP- Im sorry for your loss. I just want you to know there are lots of moms on here who have gone through the same thing and are really good support when you need it. I myself went in 2 weeks ago for my 12 week check-up just to find out my baby had passed away at 8 weeks and i was still carrying it. I took medications for 4 days trying to miscarry on my own but my body wouldn't so i had to have a D&C that i just had done on Wednsday. I am still very emotional as well and if you want someone to talk to you can PM me anytime.

As for your question, its been 4 days since i had my D&C done and am still bleeding. Everyone is different. Good luck and just try and keep your head up.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 2:19 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I am so sorry for your loss ,I know it's difficult.   Give yourself time to mourn and talk to hubby or anyone.  I was also very angry, sad, confused, but I thank God he comforted me. 

I bled for 2 weeks before I miscarried and another week after.  My doctor prescribed me a medication to contract the uterus and stop the bleeding.  I miscarried Nov of last year and am now 18 weeks pregnant again.  I waited the full three cycles and was mentally and physically ready to conceive again.  Give yourself all the time you need with time it will get better.  hugs

Gelijones

Answer by Gelijones at 3:47 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Thank you ladies, I'm sorry that this has to happen to any of us. I think that you guys are right about waiting three months because now I go from not wanting another, to picking what month would be good to have a baby, to waiting years.

I'm sure I'll be back to my old self within a few months.
    ours

Answer by ours at 4:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I'm so sorry sweetie. I had a blighted ovum with my 2nd m/c as well. I know it's tough. I bled for about 5-6 days...just like a heavy period. I decided not to have a d&c and just passed everything naturally.
    Samie8183

Answer by Samie8183 at 6:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2009