Would this hurt my cat?

She's 8 months old. We've tried getting her fixed multiple times, but at the last minute, it just doesn't work out. I haven't noticed her going into heat, and our male (neutered) cat never acted any differently around her. She got out a couple of weeks ago, and was gone for four days. Since we got her back she's VERY affectionate, I just assumed that it was because she was happy to be home again. Our other cat refuses to play with her though, and he doesn't seem to like her anymore. I just looked at her belly, and her nipples are long and pink. Not sure if that's an indication of early kitty pregnancy or not. She's so tiny, her back is about a foot long, and she's pretty skinny. She eats constantly, but she doesn't have worms or anything like that. She was the runt of her litter. IF she's pregnant, is her size and age going to hurt her? She's still much smaller than our 11 pound male.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Pets

• I'm not a vet or an expert, but one of my full grown adult female cats is only 7 lbs, and the vet says she is perfectly healthy. So it could be your cat is just small. I wouldn't worry about her size. She is really young, but I don't think she would go into heat if her body wasn't ready to support kittens.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• If she got out and isn't neutered, chances are that she is expecting.

Answer by Bmat at 1:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Females don't get neutered.
    Anonymous

• Your male cat is probably giving her the cold shoulder for getting out,lol. He'll warm back up to her. If she is pregnant, I don't think her size will hurt her...well..I never heard of anything like that anyway.Poor kitty kat. :) She'll be okay.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:23 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• She's PG
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Thank you to those that answered my question!!!! To the others, I wasn't asking if she was pregnant, I was asking if she WAS, would her size/age be a problem.
    Anonymous