co-workers cheating. what should I do?

I found out the other day 2 co-workers are punching each other in and out on the time clock. This has been going on for years. Yes I have proof. Now I want to make sure I am doing this for the right reasons. I don't like either one of them very much for various reasons. One co-worker is 65 and dh collects SSI. The other is 33 has 2 kids one in daycare dh works. But times being what they are I don't want them struggling. My biggest problem is I need my job. Dh was laid off and we are struggling.I don't want to be hasseled by other co-workers or my boss for being a trouble maker. I also don't feel the boss will do anything since the 33 yr old covers for her when she needs it. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Thats a toughy. I'd probably keep quiet if my job was going well and one of them were good with the boss. But thats just me.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 1:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Most places you can call HR anonymously. Call and let them know what's going on, and maybe they will investigate.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 1:30 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Mind your own business. If you didn't need the job then you could take the risk of losing your job, but since, you need the job, bite your tongue.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I would let it alone. If you already know that you coming forward isn't going to warrant any corrective action for either one of those employees than you should just let it go. No reason to be causing you any un-necessary stress for yourself, especially since you are not the one at fault.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 1:49 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

I agree.
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 2:11 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I would stay away from both of them, mind my own business, and I would not turn them in unless you are leaving for a new job somewhere. With the economy being so down, I would be worried about being stuck in the middle of it when they get caught, and they will get caught. Who is supposed to be watching them for the company??? It is up to the company to take care of this, so I would keep getting my paycheck for as long as possible, your family needs that now.
    diane08502

Answer by diane08502 at 2:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I agree with the others that you should just keep your mouth shut. Yeah it is unfair what they are doing but it is not directly effecting you is it? And if you feel that saying something might make you look bad or possibly lose your job, than I would just be quiet about it.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 2:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I had a problem like this once and my dad told me that if I were busy doing my own job, I wouldn't have time to notice what everyone else was doing.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 2:18 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Sounds like a tough situation.Placing myself into your shoes,I would probably just leave it go...unless I was like a boss or something like that.I know it might give you an ulcer or something to keep quiet about it,lol..but maybe doing just that might be best.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:59 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I SAY CALL HR WITHOUT GIVING YOUR NAME AND TELL THEM AND THEY WILL LOOK INTO IT
    parisonmom

Answer by parisonmom at 9:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2009