How many more loads of laundry a week will using cloth diapers add?

To anyone that has used cloth diapers plz. Not a mom yet still in planning & TTC stage. I'm exploring all options need insights.

Rx_thetoaster

Asked by Rx_thetoaster at 2:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• I wash twice a week and wash three loads each time. So six extra washes, I didn't notice an increase in my utilities either.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:13 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I wash my dipees every other day (though sometimes every three if something prevents me or I forget), so that just adds 3 loads per week.

Remember, the number of diapers you wash will change with the age of the baby, but the frequency probably won't. You *really* don't want to let a pile of stinktastic diapers sit for more than 2-3 days. Technically, you're supposed to wash no more than 24 diapers per load, but I've never, ever counted and don't have any problems with my washed diapers smelling bad.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 2:23 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• What I should have said was I was a load twice a week and each load is washed twice and rinsed once.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 2:57 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• It depends on the number of diapers you have. I wash every 2 days, usually after my 16 month is in bed, but occasionally I'll wash the morning of the 3rd day. If you have any more cloth diapering questions feel free to message me and I'll answer them to the best of my ability.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 3:08 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• 2-3
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 10:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2009