"Mommy" hair cuts

How many of you cut your hair once you became a mom? I've probably cut 15 inches in the last 9 months, starting at the end of my pregnancy. I like my hair short because its so easy (just above my shoulders) but sometimes I miss my long pony and other days I'm ready to cut it again. How short can still be girly but easy for a mom?

HolliBerry21

Asked by HolliBerry21 at 2:11 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Any length can be girly, it's all how you rock it! ;) I think it all depends on what makes you feel good... I've had both long and short hair in the past few years and for me it's actually the shorter cuts that make me feel 'girly' because they are actually cut in a certain style. For me, growing long hair is my way of saying "Blah- I give up!" so my 'new mom who can't be bothered' was actually my stage of growing my hair out.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:43 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I had mine really long but cut it for the summer because I'm pregnant. But if you like it long, keep it long. It's just as easy to throw it in a ponytail:)
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 2:12 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• i had one hair cut when the baby was 6 weeks, then 10 weeks when he started pulling it, i think its time again.
    jagrus

Answer by jagrus at 2:14 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I used to cut my hair but once I got it done professionally they would say; who cut your hair,they did a terrible job.Now I wisp my bangs,that's it.To save money I go to a beauty school where they have interns that cut for less or I save my money for a good cut once a year as a special treat,it's worth it.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 2:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I chopped nine inches from my hair six months after I got married. I have never had short hair in my life. My husband just about died. He said he loved it and that it was "cute" which is not what I wanted to hear. I wanted something edgy and sexy and I got "cute." I did the whole inverted bob thing that was in style. It did look cute but after a while I just didn't feel very feminine. It has been three years and I am still trying to grow my hair out! It is finally at shoulder length. My daughter loves playing with it, and is always saying, "petty mommy." I don't think I will ever cut it again!
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 2:31 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• any length can be 'girly', momma..its all in the attitude.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 5:06 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I always had shorter hair I wasn't big into long hair after I hit 17 I'm now 22 and in the last 5 1/2 years my hair hasn't been longer then just past my shoulders
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 5:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2009