Babies vs. Animals

You know our foster care/adoption situation would not be so bad here in the united states if people who supported things like the ASPCA and PETA would put their money toward children. It makes me so mad when I see commercials for adopting animals because they are abused or whatever. But children need your help waaaaaay more than animals. Yesterday on the news was a story about some lady who had her dog have surgery for cancer and lost his leg. Instead of saving the dogs life she could have donated that money to a foster care facility...saving the dogs life was pointless! Typically you don't see celebrities donating millions towards children...no it goes to animals!! But who am I to say what people should do with their money or pets. I'm sorry but animals should not have priority over children. If enough people came together over this we could start a national campaign!! It could be huge.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree, but if you tried to start a national campaign to put childrens rights over animals, your house would probably get bombed. seriously.

I have said for a long time that if you started trying to perform abortions on animals to control pet population, you would be hung in the streets. But its ok to do it to human babies.

Most of the world has its priorities completely screwed up!

And all of this coming from a woman who truly loves and cares for animals, but I do remember their place in this world, and that is beneath humans.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Op you are wrong. When people start to change laws, who and who can not adopt the foster kids of US .Why don't you start the campaign that gay people can adopt kids. Or maybe you don't have any idea how many gay couples want to adopt but they can not. I'm not gay but i SUPPORT THEM! Or do something about what would make single parents adoption possible. Just leave animals out of your blaming game.

Anonymous

• She didnt say anything about changing laws or gay people. She was talking about the LOVE people have for animals and how they are sometimes put on a pedestal above needy children.

Your post was way off in left field.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:51 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• here here!!!
    sunshine_baby86

Answer by sunshine_baby86 at 2:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• mom2........
    It is their money they can spend that how they want.
    Anonymous

• People who have compassion for animals and do not see them as wastes, are generally the people who are MORE LIKELY to do volunteer work, donate, and do things for no reward for their fellow humans. They value life and responsibility. To ingore animal cruelty is to perpetuate the cruelty that has and does filter to people. A person violent to animals and cruel to animals is likely cruel to their fellow humans. And if you think that celebreties don't donate to non-animal charities you haven't been paying attention.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Of course it is, that is not what I am agreeing with the OP on. I am saying that it is a shame that so many people would RATHER their money go to help animals and never worry once about the children of the world.

No one should IGNORE animal cruelty ever, but children should STILL be receiving 3 times the amount of attention and money for their cause.

Basically what I am saying is, BOTH are important, but Children should be higher up on the care and worry list. Thats all.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• And and by the way, that woman's actions were not pointless to her. She spend the money to save a loyal companion. A companion that probably keeps her company, keeps her active, and thereby extends her own life and the pet asks for nothing in return. Pets are a big responsibility and aren't just peices of furniture that deserve no compassion and care.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• aimeleegirl: People who have compassion for animals and do not see them as wastes, are generally the people who are MORE LIKELY to do volunteer work, donate, and do things for no reward for their fellow humans.

I dont agree with this AT ALL! Their are people who fight for childrens rights and who donate towards children who never receive awards for their work, and are willing to help CHILDREN.
    I think they would see this statement as a slap in the face to their work.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I see more commercials for "feed the children" and other children's charities than for animals.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 3:08 PM on Jun. 27, 2009