Does your cat eat lettuce?

My cat is eating the lettuce my neighbor has planted and it is making her angry. He also like cantaloupe, is this weird?

Nathskitten

Asked by Nathskitten at 2:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Pets

• My cat is a vegetarian I swear!! He loves cucumber, mandrin oranges, and potatoe skins. He'll nibble on lettuce every once and a while and when he was let outside he just sits there and grazes on grass like a cow! lol He eats cat food and is healthy so I just figured those are his treats.
    silvia316

Answer by silvia316 at 1:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• We had a cat who ate both cantaloupe and lettuce. Especially cantaloupe. I had to watch them very carefully, because as soon as they'd get ripe, he'd munch at least the upper half, and usually the whole thing.

Answer by Bmat at 2:57 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• cats like to eat plants. they actually sell little pots of grass for indoor cats to munch on. try and find a smell that the cats dont like to spray on the outside of the garden so the cats will stay away. maybe they sell something, idk. otherwise you can try buyuing catnip or grass for him to munch on instead of your neighbors garden. good luck...make sure you tell the neighbor tha tyou trying everything you can to try and keep the cat from doing it,, they will appreciate the effort if anything
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 3:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• LOL a little but cats do like grasses and such. I had a cat who ate raw carrots.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:39 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Cats will eat all kinds of things if they feel like it. I have a cat that loves cheez-its and a friend of mine has a kitten that eats "everything" they havent found a food that has been dropped on the floor that the cat hasn't eaten she even goes up to the baby and eats those cheese curl like things they have for baby's. (i dont know what they are called but they look like cheese curls)
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 8:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• cats will do whatever they want they are very funny, I love them all. are you leavin plenty of dry food out at all times?? cats like to eat 7 or 8 small meals a day so a self dry food container may be the answer, if not plant your kitty its own garden lol
    ddang

Answer by ddang at 12:51 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• lettuce is just grass to cats and cantaloupe is very watery
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:16 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• my moms bob tail cat, she loves horseraddish cheese, all kinds of cheese, bugs, LOVES tops of the pinneapple, muffins, doughnuts, chicken, etc.... basically anything you are eating she will eat!!
    Mamalab07

Answer by Mamalab07 at 10:03 PM on Jul. 5, 2009