38 wks pregnant & done!

What are some good ways to put myself into labor? I've tried acupressure, nipple stimulation, rough

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't think its wrong to try to make yourself go into labor at 38 weeks, because that's considered full term. But Castor oil is VERY bad, year ago they thought it was a great idea, and grandmothers And mothers will tell there children to try it, but though a lot of research it has been found to have bad effects on baby. It can get into baby's blood stream and cause it to pass meconium, if the baby should swallow that it can cause MASSIVE breathing problems and even death. Its just not worth the risk- birthing balls, and cervix stimulation, the sex has NOTHING to do with the males sperm, it has to do will stimulating the cervix, have your SO or DH stand in front of you and penetrate you as deep as he can with his fingers, much like the doctor does, when it starts to hurt he has hit your cervix, stimulate that OFTEN it will make you dilate and efface!

Anonymous

• baby will come when its ready- try harmless things that is fine, just dont try castor oil, it can kill a baby.
    good luck and I'll be sending labor thoughts your way! lol
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 3:13 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• sex and walking up hill
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• i know where your coming from im 39wks and im just ready and the about castor oil im pretty sure it wont kill the baby my friends doctor told her to take it because she was passed her due date i dont know where people get that but lots of sex and try a birth ball everytime your watching tv just sit on it and move your hips side to side....
    RIP.Caleb

Answer by RIP.Caleb at 4:19 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Don't try to induce labor. Your body will go into labor when the baby is ready. You should still have 2 weeks to go. Why would you risk harming your baby so that you can have him/her early? I'm not trying to be rude, but if it was time, you'd be in labor already.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 4:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I dnt see how having her @ 38 wks is harmful. Its full term. I wont do the castor oil. To chicken!
    Anonymous