if one of ur kids have chicken pox and they are not blistered then would u be able to go to a funeral ?

my foster parents told me that i couldnt go to my grandpas funeral because my youngest has chicken pox and they havent even blistered yet. so thats why im asking.

nicole_ella

Asked by nicole_ella at 3:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• chicken pox is highly contagious even the child does not presently exhibit the blisters does not mean they are not sick or won't spread the condition. You have know idea who is at risk in a large group...chicken pox can turn into a serious infection in someone who may at the time have a at risk immune system.
    ormom1977

Answer by ormom1977 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• uuummm I always though that the blisters were basicly how you knew tht your child had chicken pox. It's been years since I had it and my child has never had it so I'm actually not sure. I would google "chicken pox" and read up on it. But me personally would not take my child any where with chicken pox. Find a sitter who's had it and go to the funeral.
    Anonymous

• it sounds like the child is still contagious. Get a sitter then you go

Answer by admckenzie at 3:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I would find someone to watch your child while you attend services. I am so sorry for your loss.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 4:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• It would be a bad idea for the child to expose others and also for the child in his or her weakened condition to be exposed to others. Chickenpox is serious, and others who might be fragile should not be exposed.

Answer by Bmat at 4:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• No.

Not only is chicken pox contagious and it's sounding like this funeral will probably have elderly people there, but your child is sick and should be at home resting.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:14 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• No, you shouldn't. You could be a carrier of chicken pox and get others exposed to them. Your child is still contagious until ALL the blisters are crusted over. You could be infected a population of people that, if contracted, can die from chicken pox.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I am so sorry for your loss. I really think it would be best if you and your child/ren stay home. You have been exposed to the pox and could be a carrier. If you stay home then you will not have to worry about accidentally infecting anyone with the chicken pox. Especially people who are elderly or not in good health.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 6:45 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• they all have to be scabbed over before your child can leave the house

Answer by rkoloms at 7:30 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I wouldn't go or take your kids. The reason is that you could carry it to another adult there or a pregnant mom who would be greatly affected if they caught it. I know it is hard and I am sorry for the loss of your grandpa.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 7:41 PM on Jun. 27, 2009