OK - I'm 35 weeks pregnant and keep hearing conflicting views - Is it safe for me to swim in a lake??

amommy01

Asked by amommy01 at 3:59 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If your not dialated at ALL yes, but I wouldnt risk it being that far along- once you start to dialiate you shouldnt even be in a regular pool
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 4:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Hmm that's strange my OB told me to start swimming and relaxing in water even if it was my bathtub, when I was 36 weeks to help relieve pain and acid reflux. Now I'm just confused!
    Anonymous

• A pool in different from a lake. It's safer to swim in a pool than a lake if you are dilated. Just call your OB office and ask to be sure.

Anonymous

• don't drink the water! don't get in if you are dilated!
    Tashia07

Answer by Tashia07 at 4:30 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• A pool yes, a lake no. You are so far along that if your water broke or are dilated at all, the bacteria from the lake could be deadly to your baby.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 5:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2009