My 3 year old son need to take all his clothes off to have a bowel movment. Does this ever change?

logansmom6106

Asked by logansmom6106 at 4:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My dd used to do the same thing. She quit doing it slowly over a few months.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 4:06 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• LOL same with 3 of my 4 kids. Yes, it will change. Mine did it just to pee too.
    Anonymous

• My kids are still little but everyone I know said they did that when they were that age, it'll stop around 4 or 5 years of age, it's not that big of a deal, they feel the need to do it, don't worry too much. As long as they're using the bathroom it shouldn't be a problem.
    Anonymous

• My husband can't stand to have clothes on when he takes a poop....so I guess most people grow out of it. Lol
    juliebulie

Answer by juliebulie at 4:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Thanks im just scared that when he starts school he will either still want to do it or not want to have a bowel movement and get constipated hes going to be starting head start in the fall any ideas how to encurage him to stop.

logansmom6106

Answer by logansmom6106 at 4:23 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• My oldest did that. He was in K last year, and you know it's not a good call when the teacher is calling to discuss what your child did, and you can tell she is clearly trying no to laugh. Kenny got in trouble at school. He was taking a while in the bathroom, so the teacher went in to see what was going on. She walks in he is 100% naked, shoes and socks off too!!!! Stall door wide open for all to see. She asked what he was doing, he replied, "pooping". She asked "why are you naked?". He responded, "because I am pooping" in a tone that suggested she should have known why he was naked!!!! I told her according to my husband Kenny's older brother did that too, and so did my hubby according to my mil, and my fil did it to-according to my mil who was informed that her husband did it when my hubby was in that phase. Kenny thinks he is not allowed to poop at school, he is he just has to keep his clothes on!
    mamatware

Answer by mamatware at 4:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• lol I dated a guy who did this... he was in his 20s!
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 4:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• My guy will only poop with his pants off one leg so he can spread his legs wide but he doesn't need to be entirely naked. Once in a while he'll go with his pants round his ankles but he really doesn't like it. I don't mind him taking the stuff off really, it seems to make less mess and make him easier to wipe that way.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 5:08 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• my son takes off all of his clothes and sits indian style on the toliet. weird. he's five but i bet when he goes to school it will change, once they are with the other kids they do things the same as them. try not to make a big issue out of it he will just do it more. :P
    threeboysmama

Answer by threeboysmama at 9:24 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• My 5 yr old ds still gets naked to poop. Most of the time he even grabs a clean pair of boxers when he's done. But if he's not home, he easily adjusts to go with clothes on. My 3 yr old ds wants clean panties everytime she even pees. We go through lots of undies. lol
    rachel92782

Answer by rachel92782 at 3:56 AM on Jun. 29, 2009