I am 7mths. and need a job. I need some answers because I cant have a regular job. I have a difficult pregnancy. I have had preterm labor many times. It would be unsafe for me to have a regular job.

mareye33

Asked by mareye33 at 4:11 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Honestly no one will hire you because your pregnant and your almost due so they will see you as a huge liability so seriously no one will hire you. Your going to have to figure something out money wise, maybe welfare until your baby is 3 months old, old enough to go to daycare and for you to get a job. And FYI any pregnant woman is unsafe to have a regular job, it's just unsafe in general for any pregnant woman to work!
    Anonymous

• what do u mean regular job?
    I'll be the first to admit, most wont hire a pregnant woman. Techonally its against the law to NOT hire us, but they can find any reason NOT to hire someone.
    I'm supposed to be on bed rest and Im working 2 jobs, u have to do what u have to do-
    the baby needs money, so u need to work.
    try for a desk job, good luck mama
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 4:14 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Have you ever considered selling things on Ebay? I'm pregnant and I've been doing that not only out of boredom, but to make some extra money. Supposedly, there are many jobs out there that allow you to work from home. I would just search around on the internet and see if you can find on. Good luck!
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 4:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• aww mama! it is going to be very difficult for you to find a job while 7 mos. prego. They won't be able to give you 6 weeks of maternity leave and they really won't expect you to come back after having a baby! Could you get disability... my co-worker had to go on bedrest at 30 weeks.... she is on disability until she has the baby and then afterwards she will be on her maternity leave. Since it is the summer there are a lot of seasonal jobs that will end in about two months.... maybe you could see tickets at an amusement park or a movie theater. Those are jobs were you can sit or stand when you need to.... they are often close to the rest rooms. Good luck, Honey!!!
    Tashia07

Answer by Tashia07 at 4:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I agree, try finding a desk job...office work or perhaps telemaketing/debt collecting. It's a tough job if you can't handle people yelling at you, but it is something. Also, try looking into working at home...making items and selling them on ebay, or doing surveys, etc.
    Samie8183

Answer by Samie8183 at 6:19 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• i'd try resturant work, most have the ability t give fequent breaks, i worked 13 hours a day when pregnant and nearly died from kidney failure...it's hard but you have to do it to survive. you may try to work from home like watching kids for cheap or walking dogs and watching them.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 2:47 PM on Jun. 29, 2009