8 to 9 weeks pregnant

i have a question. i am 8 to 9 weeks pregnant and have morning sickness bad. how long does morning sickness last and what can help ease the morning sickness.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• usually around 3 months sometimes longer tell your doctor he will give you something
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 4:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Eating regularly and before you feel sick can help prevent it. Usually by 12 weeks it will have subsided. You're probably almost through it. Google it for more info...I can't be of too much help, as I was lucky enough not to experience morning sickness. Hope you feel better soon.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 4:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• mine was bad for the first 11 weeks, than it stopped than it was BAD from week 17-23, than it stopped, now Im 33 weeks and its back!
    lol
    sometimes it never goes away, my sister was sick until her son came out, she actually LOST weight during her pregnancy.
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 4:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I'm 11 weeks, I was in your shoes just a couple of weeks ago so I feel ya! Ginger of any kind seemed to help me, whether it was Ginger Ale, Ginger Snaps, Ginger Root. Avoid smells that make you nauseated, example, cigarette smoke upset my stomach ALL day if I even got one whiff of it. They say to eat saltines, too, and applesauce. I avoided brushing my teeth until late afternoon (gross I know) because if I did it early it would upset my stomach. Also, taking your prenatals in the morning could make you nauseated. Try taking them in the evening if that's the case. Iron is rough on your tummy in the beginning. The morning sickness has pretty much passed for me now, although some days I still feel poopy.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• ok. i will try it. yeay i tak my prenatal vitamins at night. anyways i hope it passes soon.
    Anonymous

• i dont get it my husband is being really weird and says he wants out. we have been married since february? he just told me this just a while ago. i dont know what i did.
    Anonymous

• Morning sickness can last up to 16 weeks and sometimes longer. It's all based on how your body handles the hCg hormone. I am 8w5d and my morning sickness is starting ease just a bit...thank goodness. I have been dehydrated and losing weight. With my first two my morning sickness lasted at least 4 months. So it's different each pregnancy as well. GL and I hope you start feeling better soon.
    Anonymous

• with my first two babies my ms was barely there but with this third baby its been super bad, i had it from about 5 weeks till i was 27 weeks, been on three different meds had to get fluids through an iv at one point and it eased up now its back again...when i had it nothing went down, everything even walking made me sick....alot of women say ginger works for them, or befor you get up in the morning eat a few crackers, it helps reduce some of the acid in ur stomach caused by the hormones change...ice! who doesnt love ice..hope you get to feeling better hunny....and it ends with the first trimester around 12-14 weeks..
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 5:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Try eating peppermints that was the only thing that helped me and mine stopped at 13 weeks.Hope you feel better soon.
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 6:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I'm 12 weeks and everyone keeps telling me it's going to go away, but its just as bad as in the beginning. I've been trying to eat smaller meals, not that its helping much. Mint flavor seems to help me. Mint chocolate chip ice cream is all I can stand to eat without getting sick and if I used mint flavored toothpaste after I eat I feel a little better. Ginger ale helps and I bought lollipops called "pregipops" that are all ginger based.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 6:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2009