how do i get control over my kids again?

they wont listen to me for nothing..as soon as my DH leaves for work they are throwing things fightin screaming makin messes....im at a loss help!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• Wow, that was helpful, anon :35. At least she wants to correct the situation! Well, I have some of the same issues, mostly because my DH tries to "back me up" when I discipline our kids, and it just comes out like it only matters if dad has a problem. Also sometimes, in some houses, its the kids way to vent, because they have to tiptoe around their dad.  My kids are 10 and 14, and we get those issues too. My DH works nights and it has to be "quiet" all day because dad is sleeping. The minute he leaves, they let loose. I allow it for a while, but then I usually say something like okay, now its time to clean up and when we're done, we can have ice cream or play a game or some other motivation/ reward. Also try not listening to them, literally ignore them, when they get too out of hand. Explain that when they are calm and listen you will too.

Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 4:47 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Sounds like you messed up a long time ago and you are now suffering the consequence.

Anonymous

• messed up? how do you figure? i had no problems with my kids till my DH moved back in. i was asking for advice not some rude ass comment
    Anonymous

• thanks lesli....that makes sense
    Anonymous