Has anyone lost their baby?

Ok, I put my dd down for a nap and went to get some work done. I heard her crying, she was hot, so I moved her to anther room, that has her play pen, and put the fan on her. I heard her crying and went to her room and didn't see her in the bed. I turned on the light and searched everywhere. I started panicking and yelled for her. I even asked my DS, who it 3, if he took Eva out of her room and he told me she is in the study. Sure enough, there she was. I feel like a doof. Has anyone "lost" their baby before?

krissyvelazquez

Asked by krissyvelazquez at 4:44 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• oh yeah when we first moved into our new place my middle child 3 at the time hid in the bathroom cabinet under the sink...i was so freaked out i search everywhere including outside...called my husband home from work and about ready to call the cops thinkin maybe he got ouside. i had the phone about ready to call the cops and then i heard laughin from the bathroom....the one place i didnt check ... that was scary
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 5:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• lol yea. Sometimes when I'm holding him and participating in a conversation I give him to someone to hold. Then a few mins. later I look around like OMG where is my baby, then I relize daddy or someone has him.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 4:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• nope... but i got lost when i was around four at a fair in Denver... it was traumatizing
    Ginanne

Answer by Ginanne at 5:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Not me, but my friends baby rolled herself under the sofa while she was laying on the floor. My friend came from the kitchen and was freaking out tring to find her! The baby started to cry and clued her in to her whereabouts.
    asiamommi

Answer by asiamommi at 5:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• My younger son, twice. The first time I called and looked all over for him and the neighbors started looking, too. He'd crawled into bed for a nap. The second time was at my older son's school where I did volunteer work. I told my little one that we'd be done in a minute, and I looked around and he was gone. I got frantic, the teachers were looking, turns out he'd crossed the parking lot and was waiting by the car. That's when I realized that he was having hearing problems and had him tested.

Answer by Bmat at 5:11 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Yes it was at dd's 2nd birthday party we were at a gym (Memorial building) and she had told my younger cousin she had to potty and my cousin took her without telling us when we went to get her she was gone and the doors were open so we all went running everywhere from the kitchen of the place to the stage and everywhere inbetween but the bathroom then someone went down to make sure she didn't fall down the stairs that led to the bathroom and there she was all smiles walking out of the bathroom (that was when I still put her in daipers to go somewhere that i didn't think she would stop to potty) needless to say I found my girl and realized that she didn't need daipers anymore at her 2nd b-day party
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 5:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• No, our condo is to small for that and we're always with our kids, but in my mom's 5 bedroom 3 story home, we're always calling out trying to find my 3yr old. The only time is scary is because she has a pool, but I'm pretty good about keeping the fence closed when we're there.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 5:49 PM on Jun. 27, 2009