Is It Possible?

Is it possible to ovulate within days of finishing your period? I had my son a little over 4 months ago, I have been charting my BBT since my first period. My husband and I have been using condoms at all times except 4-5 days following my period. I've had 3 periods since giving birth to my son. I finished my most recent period on the 21st, and as of yesterday morning the software I use to chart my BBT says I ovulated on the 23rd!!! I know the software could throw that out after a day or two of more charting, but could I seriously have ovulated that soon??? My last ovulation date was the 7th! My husband and I had unprotected sex the 22nd and 23rd. This is just blowing my mind and I'm hoping for some input!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You asked this same thing the other day. Did you not get answers you liked?

With your baby only being 4 months old chances are your body is not back to normal yet. Just wait. You should not be having any unprotected sex at this point unless you want another baby so soon. Women are extremely fertile after just giving birth and you can get pregnant at any point and time through out your cycle.
    Anonymous

• I'm not sure where you come up with 4-5 days following your period is ok ?? that would be a great time to conceive ... and if you have a new baby how do you do bbt? youre up at least once in the night right?? so that renders bbt ineffective.... anyway here's the rule you ovulated 14 days prior to your first day of your period....
    sperm can live in the FT and top of the uterus for 72 hours and since you are early post partum I'd say even longer like 96 hours because the cervix is very compliant at this point
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 5:18 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Poster 1- I only got one answer and was hoping for more input.

Poster 2- My 4 month old sleeps through the night, I am not getting up in the middle of the night at all. I am definitely realizing now that we should have kept up with condoms until my period became more regular.... but we are open to more children, so it's not a huge disaster or anything. I have an 8 day luteal cycle, so I guess we'll see if I get my period then or not.... or like I said, this program could re-nig on what it's saying right now.

Anonymous

• I'm sorry i don't know much about when you ovulate or natural planning or whatever but i'm pregant now and my SO isn't touching my w/out a condom untill our baby is 6 or 7 months old when i get my IUD put in but thats just me!
    kat324

Answer by kat324 at 6:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2009