my daughters is getting married in a year The only weekend I asked her not to schedule her wedding is because we are out of state at our really good friends wedding and didnt want the same date. Im paying a huge amount for her wedding and she just rescheduled it for the same date as our friend. Im very upset about this , my feelings are hurt and I think she is being extremely selfish. This is the only time In 28 years ive been angry with her. Åny thoughts

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Adult Children (18+)

• I would poke fun at her and say "wow your going to share the same wedding date at so and so (who ever your friends are)" That might make her rethink it. Or just tell her "well I wont be there so I'm go to take back the money I am putting in to help you with your wedding, I already made these plans before your wedding came up" just tell her that to make her feel bad so she'll change the date, she is being selfish and how rude of her especially since you said your helping pay for it. If I did that to my parents they would never speak to me again, like never again!!
    Anonymous

• Why did she reschedule it?
    RyleeMendez

Answer by RyleeMendez at 5:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Don't know what to tell you. Is there a specific reason why she changed the date? Did her original date not work out because the venue was already booked and this date was the only other one she could do?? Try talking with her instead of getting on here. Ladies here cannot help you very much.
    Anonymous

• Have you asked her why she changed it to that date? If she has a whole year she should be able to change it again. I don't know, I can't imagine her not wanting her own mother at her wedding so maybe it slipped her mind.
    Anonymous