Has anyone's child a rash reaction to the chickenpox vaccine? If so, what did the rash look like?

My 5 year old got his chickenpox vaccination 2 days ago. The next he threw up and developed a fever and was very pale and clammy. I called the dr. and they said it was probably the flu, but because he got his mmr vaccine, which is grown in chick embryo and he has an egg allergy, to give him benadryl too. This morning I get home from work and he has a 3 in. x 3 in. oval that is hot, red, swollen on his arm where the injection site is. Turns out that's where he had the chickenpox shot (and that's another story). So I call the dr. again and now I'm told this can happen, but I'm concerned because now the area is turning white in the center. Please help and no bashing. This isn't a vaccination debate please.

shannipoo714

Asked by shannipoo714 at 5:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Health

• Call the Dr. again and DEMAND that he report this as a reaction to the vaccine. Tell him that you KNOW that by law he must report it and that if you are not convinced that he will or has reported it then you will.

That's all that i can say. I dont know how to help your son or anything else. But if i were you i'd start to get pushy with that Dr. And what i said is true. By law he HAS to report it, and if you dont think he will you can report it yourself. ...give me a minute and i'll find you the link for that.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• http://www.thinktwice.com/

http://vaers.hhs.gov/ 

this is the one for you to report the reaction.

...and i dont mean to sound rude ...but why in the world would you give your child a vaccine that has chick emreyo in it if you know he's allergic to eggs?

outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• The chickenpox vaccine isn't grown in chick embryo, the mmr one is. He isn't having a reaction to the mmr. I allowed him to have the mmr after carefully researching and speaking with both his allergist and the pediatrician. He is having a reaction to the chickenpox vaccine. I am going to have them report it though, thanks for the link.
    shannipoo714

Answer by shannipoo714 at 6:18 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Why people get the chicken pox vaccine is beyond me. I survived the dang pox. You do know that that child will require boosters for the rest of their lives, right?
    Anyway, it's a vaccine reaction deary. Report it to VAERS. It's the law.
    Good luck.
    http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/appendices/B/excipient-table-1.pdf CDC's list of ingredients. Formaldehyde (known to cause cancer!), aluminum, polysorbate 80, mouse brains, monkey kideny, aborted fetal tissue (human diploid tissue)
    http://www.vaclib.org/legal/MTstate/chickenpox.pdf Chicken pox vaccine info.
    http://www.ctvia.org/index.cfm?folder=154 Package inserts that come with every vaccine. Doctors usually don't just hand them out though. You have to ask for them. Look over ALL of the adverse reactions. Death, arthritis, siezures, diabetes, etc.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 8:43 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• MMR - I thought that the live viruses were grown on the aborted fetal tissue... am I wrong? MMR is a live virus vaccine.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 8:44 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• You welcome. I hope your son starts to feel better soon. Adverse reactions to vaccines can be very scary.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:46 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• MMR is in chicken embryo. Chicken pox vaccine is live, but in gelatin. He's starting to feel better thankfully. I didn't want him to have the chicken pox vaccine, but I misunderstood (or it wasn't clearly stated) which vaccines he was getting. When they said three vaccines I thought it was DTaP, Polio, and MMR. But apparently the polio was a combo with the DTaP and the chicken pox was told to me by it's initials PPV...polio's initials are OPV. I should have been paying more attention but I was trying to control my son (who has Asperger's) as he was having a meltdown about getting any shots. Most of us survived chicken pox and the vaccine's only good for 10 years! Great so he'll get shingles instead which are much worse. I'm kicking myself for not being more alert.
    shannipoo714

Answer by shannipoo714 at 10:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Update: He is starting to feel better. I think the benadryl is slowing the allergic reaction. At least the red area has stopped growing.
    shannipoo714

Answer by shannipoo714 at 10:31 PM on Jun. 27, 2009