Did your boyfriend/hubby do this?

My boyfriend and I are having our first little due in Aug. For the past month or so he's been going out to the bar every Sat. and Sun. He says he doesn't want me to go with bacause of all the smoke, which I understand. But is this just a phase he's going through? He's 28 and I thought his partying days were over. He tells me he's just going out and having fun while he can, cause once the baby gets here he figures he won't be able to. Did your boyfriend/hubby do this before your first baby was born? I understand wanting to have a good time, but every weekend for the past month is a bit much I think. Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My ex did that when I was preggers with my first son. And he said the exact same thing "I'm doing it now while I still can.........." Unfortunately, it got worse when my son was born, to the point where he just wouldn't come home at all. I divorced him. My current SO didn't do that at all when I was pregnant this time. He actually made sure he was around all the time.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• My DH rarely went to the bar. And on the few occasions he did, he would only have one drink in case i needed him.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 6:09 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• yes my man did this with our son he was always out with friends but when it came to the last month he was to worried to leave my side and when i had my son he never wanted to go out he wanted to be with us! some men dont understand and get that there having a baby till they see the baby thats what he did!!
    Reneemommy

Answer by Reneemommy at 6:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• There would be no way in hell I would let my bf go out to the bar every weekend without me period!!! I could understand maybe once a month or so but every sat/sunday...what the heck, why cant he use that time to take you out to dinner and a movie??? You wont be able to have alot of alone time together once the baby comes...he should be making an effort to spend time with you not at a smokey bar full of skanks..just my opinion.
    Anonymous

• i WISH mine would go out. do SOMETHING! i am so sick of him being here all the freaking time!! he'll say the same things like "we don't have much time left for it to be just us" & "i want to live a little before he gets here" yet NOTHING! & if he does want to go out, guess who he wont leave without??? ME! i personally (i know every woman feels differently) would say enjoy the alone time when you have it...with DH so clingy & a baby on the way, im afraid i'll never have time to myself again... =(
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 6:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• well with my first son my hubby was always around which i enjoyed... but now that im pregnant again only 8 weeks while im in night school he wants to go out and hang with some girl friends he's grown up with... its bugs me alot but what else can i do about it ya know?
    shorty_18

Answer by shorty_18 at 7:08 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• yeah mine did that, and still does and my dd's 6 mos old. now were getting a divorce.
    LA09TKP

Answer by LA09TKP at 7:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• dont' get me started my man still does this and our little girl will be a year old and I'm pregnant again due in November. I get upset but its all wasted energy cause nothing works with him. He's 26 and still thinks he's single and living the life. (oh btw he also has a 6 yr old and i care for her half the week) I agree with your boyfriend on the part he doesn't want you out at the bar but he can find a way to spend time with you and still have fun. I haven't found a solution yet but I hope you do soon.
    angelbabies14

Answer by angelbabies14 at 8:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• not really. we did stuff together when we got a chance. he didn't want me to feel left out either. we were on a serious budget last yr, and he was in between jobs. so, we did a lot of stuff at home.
    anyways, just talk to him and let him know that you would like to be included in his activities. there are places y'all can go together that doesn't include drinking and lots of smoke. also, remind him that it's not just him that is going to be "busy" after the baby is born.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 8:29 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• mine does occasionally but he always takes me with, what bars can you legally smoke in? theres always an outside smoking area, that sounds like BS to me. but ne ways ya mine does but he wouldnt if i didnt want to go or didnt feel good and im letting him go to vegas with his best friend/best man (we are getting married in august) cuz i know he wont be able to do that after the baby is born and i think everyone (even the mommies to be) need to have a little trip to relax and be baby free before the baby comes, i already have a 2 year old so thats not an option, oh well lol good luck hopefully it all works out.
    bradynsmom222

Answer by bradynsmom222 at 12:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2009