Bleeding - Possibly TMI

I had a baby via c-section 6 weeks ago. I also had my tubes tied. About 2.5 weeks ago I stopped the postpartum bleeding. On thursday I got my period (I'm assuming). Well, it's VERY heavy, I am soaking thru pads about every 30 minutes. I got out of the shower this morning and while drying off I was literally dripping blood, I was also dripping (more like pouring almost) in the shower. Also it's bright red, like if you cut yourself. Also, everytime I move I kind of gush. Is this normal? I've NEVER had periods like this. Not even after I had my first son. I'm sort of concerned.

TheDiva320

Asked by TheDiva320 at 6:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would say call ur doc asap hun cause ive had 4 csections and never had bleeding that bad unless i over did it but usually it would slow down once i sat and put my legs up and slowed my pace but the bright red color is usually not normal- at least i dont think so- but im not a doc so please call urs cause that really doesnt sound right- like i said i have had 4 other csections but then again i have never had my tubes tied so maybe thats something normal with that?
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 6:09 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Thanks, I was thinking that too. I had a c-section with my first and this didn't happen. With my second c-section the more i'd do things the worse the bleeding got, but then subsided like you said if i relaxed. And i haven't bleed in about 2.5 weeks, so this is kinda freaky.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:11 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• And here I wait.................for the dr to call back. UGH! And I'm searching online, BAD BAD BAD! LOL
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:43 PM on Jun. 27, 2009