I'm going to pierce my infant's ears next week and was wondering what the best type of earring to buy? 14k gold, white gold, ???

CarrieStandlee

Asked by CarrieStandlee at 6:13 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What ever you choose make sure it is real gold not fake stuff. You certainly do not want her to get a rash.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 6:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I would get the diamond ones.. not real diamond of course, but ones that look like it! I think it adds and doesn't blend in with the baby's skin. I've realized more babies who have those look like girls than the ones who have the gold balls in. Maybe the white gold ones but I like the sparkle :) IMO OF COURSE!!! I want to get my dd's done, she is 19 months and never got out to do it or finances were too tough. I also wanted her to make her own decision and in my book she already has.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 6:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Why not do her nose while you're at it.
    Anonymous

• i use to have my dd ears done she had them done at 3 month but she ended up with cronic ear infections and she wouldnt let clean them so i ended up takeing them out...when she did have them done though i used surgical steel so there wouldnt be a chance that she would be allergic to them and i used her birth stone for the stud...they looked so cute...im trying to convince her to get them peirced again....i think baby girls looka dorable with peirced ears...i was three week old when my mom had my done years ago.
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 7:49 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• 'Why not do her nose while you're at it. '

lmao. ya and give her a tattoo and shave her head. Give her some liquor and spank her when she cries.
    Because those are all the same as piercing a baby's ears!
    [/sarcasm]
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 9:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• popcorn

BambiF

• I disagree with piercing an infants ears, but if you do, go to a licensed piercer that uses a needle rather then a gun, and I'd suggest surgical steel for the jewelry (just like what you get in a piercing shop.)
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Don't you thnk that this should be your daughter's choice, not yours?

Answer by rkoloms at 9:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I get the 14k gold for my girls.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2009