Does anyone know of a Christian based book to read to my daughter about physical changes in young girls ?

Asked by jduffy05 at 11:17 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• thats really funny that i happened to stumble upon this question. i just bought my daughter a book about that topic today, at wal-mart. although it is not Christian based, i found it to be a very great book. i read over it first before i purchased it. i go to church weekly and have a strong faith and would recommend this book. it is called The Care and Keeping Of You (The Body Book For Girls) by; Valorie Lee Schaefer

Answer by juzcreepin at 11:34 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• My daughter has just recently finished reading a few. I would suggest Faithgirlz' Body Talk or The Body Book both by Nancy Rue. She liked them the best. They're contemporary and interactive, with questions, quizzes, etc. The whole Faithgirlz series is good and my daughter has loved them all (Beauty Lab, Girl Politics etc) Another good one is Bloom by Michael Ross which is in association with the Christian girl's magazine Brio. However, Bloom discusses lots of different issues about growing up. Good luck in your quest and hope this helps.

Answer by mnews at 5:36 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• There are PLENTY of books out there about that kind of stuff.
    As a 17 year old, I suggest you find a Christian mentor for your daughter to talk to as she grows up and develops both into a woman AND a Christian.
    I would be more than happy to help you out with the Christian mentor stuff.
    Send me a message, I will give you my email address and we can talk more about it.
    God bless,

Answer by jnsmed at 1:13 AM on Jul. 29, 2008

• Having already had to research this subject (the good Lord blessed me with an early bloomer) I can recommend several books for both you and your daughter. there is The Christian Girls guide to change: Inside & Out (awesome book for girls), the God's design for sex series which has books for all different ages and parent books to go with it, The New learning about sex series also books based on age with parent books to go with it,  Chatting with Girls like You (written for the girl), and teaching your Child Healthy Sexuality parent/chuld set.  All these are written with biblical standards of puity in mind, and teaching the child to focus her heart on God and he will lead her to "real' love.

Answer by xmasbaby73 at 3:01 PM on Jan. 25, 2009