Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What rights do employee's have?

What rights do employee's have if they feel they are being treated unfairly and have a man harassing and degrading them all the time??

I have told the owners once and they "talked" to him and it hasn't stopped.

Also EVERYONE I work with give me a hard time about only working weekends, but that's all I am available for.

Answer Question

Asked by AlyssaH87 at 6:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Check with your local labor board online or in person. Are you talking about sexual harassment?

    Answer by truthteller0722 at 6:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

  • As for the ones giving you a hard time about the weekends, just play it off to them. When they say something, just say yeah isn't it great... or your just jealous in a joking manner. Most people don't want to work the weekends so you will probably smooth over the ice that way. For the guy harassing you, you will probably need to do a written complaint. Nothing is usualy done unless the victum puts what has been done to them in writting. GL I hope it works and ya don't lose you job over it.

    Answer by soonmommyof3 at 6:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

  • Contact your states Equal Employment Oppurtunity Center, they will be able to help you out.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:08 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

  • If you are truly being harrased, contact the EEOC

    Answer by rkoloms at 8:46 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.