Why do grown men love to play video games???

Any spare minute my husband gets, he's playing video games. Well, it seems like it's every spare minute. He's still a good Father and spends time with his daughter. I just don't get it, what's with the obsession?

LittlestBtq

Asked by LittlestBtq at 6:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• my husband tells me that running into people on a football field, or shooting someone in a "war" setting helps get rid of stress and aggression built up from work. i think its just code for i'm being a little kid leave me alone.
    but i can also say that in the last year he realized how much time he was spending on them a day and has now set himself a time limit depending on what day of the week it is (week days get less time than weekends since he's at work during the day) gotta say i was pretty proud about that one...
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 6:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• They are still IMO imature kids who don't want to grow up. I also think that if the parents of the person that plays games all the time as an adult had put a stop to them playing them all the time as kids, they would play less or not at all as adults.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 6:32 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• why do grown woman like the internet or chat rooms/forums?
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 6:34 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• My mother plays VG's all the time. I don't think it has anything to do with being immature. I think it a fun outlet for boredom.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Well I think if their responsiablities are not met, then they are being immature.

My mother plays VG's all the time. I don't think it has anything to do with being immature. I think it a fun outlet for boredom

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 6:39 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• My husband says it is the competitive thing. He also said it is hell of alot easier to push a button than really run down a football field LOL. I think it gives them a way to do things they can't do in real life. They can be football players, baseball players, kill things etc... Remember men are just little boys in big bodies!!!!!
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 6:48 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I think it is an escape-- turn on computer or game system- select your game and BAM you are not a middle-aged guy who has a mile long list of 'honey do' chores-- you are someone else-- like a sports hero, guitar legend, war soldier....(depending on what game they play).
    My hubs is a computer gamer-- he has quite a few games he plays for hours on end (always has). I have learned to put up with it, and alot of time I will do my own thing-- like be on CM.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 6:59 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• As long as hes still taking care of his family duties I dont see anything wrong with playing some video games. I got the nintendo wii a few months ago and i love it. Goof off time is good for everyone. RELAX lifes short.
    boogersmama

Answer by boogersmama at 7:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2009