Do you think an indoor cat....?

Who has always been indoors but is going outside now knows that it's okay to go potty while outside?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 7:08 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Pets

• please do not doubt the intelligence level of my cat. she is fine. my question was one of whether or not the cat would feel "naughty" going outside of the litter box, not of her ability to stay out of the road.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:24 PM on Jun. 28, 2009

• Sure does. Kitty will use any loose material to hid his bombs. Watch out for your flower beds.

I hope your kitty isn't de-clawed. He needs them to defend himself. Also, if he has always been an indoor kitty, he will need to be fed as usual. If he wasn't taught by his mama how to recognize birds and mice as food and how to hunt them, he will starve.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:12 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• interesting, i would never want my cat to eat birds or mice. she's 14 pounds and gets fed just fine indoors. she has all her claws.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:14 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• There's no reason for a cat to be outside in the first place-it's extremely dangerous and not worth the risk of losing her.
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 7:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Yeah, they'll go outside. My cats were indoors for 3 years before we moved to a safer area for them to go out.
    Anonymous

• my cat will be fine as an indoor/outdoor cat. she is much happier laying on the deck in the sun than being inside scratching the furniture.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:39 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• my parents have a senor citizen for one of their cats he like 20+ he is declawed in the front and for the last 14 yrs he has been outside catching rodent he prefers to do his bussiness out side. we make it a point to kick everyone out except the old man in the summer and toward the end of fall into winter they all come inside where is warmer. last winter only the old man came in sunny and rags stayed under the porch and down in the cell where it was warm...i think it was b/c of the kids is y they sisnt come in but they were offered to come in periodically but i think they [refer it out side now. we just make sure they have a way into the celler and a bowl of food for them and the other other outside cats and fesh water everyday
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 8:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• well i am a cat lover & wouldnt ever put a indoor cat out but yes i think it will find a place to go poo,if it dont get hit by a car or got by a dog,remember this cat is not street smart its been inside its whole life!!please put it back in!!!
    Anonymous