5 wks pg and can't sleep on stomach?

Is this normal? It's not painful just uncomfortable. Like I'm laying on a lump in the mattress. I know it's way to early to actually feel the baby so any idea what it is?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• not sure. I slept on my stomach until I was six months pregnant without a problem. Talk to your dr. It may just be fear of hurting a baby that you cannot hurt

Answer by admckenzie at 7:19 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I think it's in your head. Your baby isn't even above your pubic bone.
    Anonymous

• Maybe you're just bloated and it's a lot more uncomfortable being on your stomach. I know from 4-12 weeks I was bloated all the time!
    Anonymous

• im 8 weeks and it uncomfortable for me :) its normal and it could be the thought of hurting your baby... but you cant at that time... this is my second and im already showing so idk.. gl:)
    shorty_18

Answer by shorty_18 at 7:30 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• It's probably bloat. Once the bloat goes down you should feel better.

And Doctors say that you can sleep on your stomach for as long as it is comfortable. You're not going to hurt the baby, they have enough cushion in there.
    Anonymous

• it may be bloating or psychological... I didnt know i was pregnant until i was 4mo & even then for whatever reason suddenly i started sleeping on my stomach -- I HATE sleeping on my stomach but early pregnancy I started too... Its one of those odd things on my list of "it could have been a sign u were pregnant dummy!" lol...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:11 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• u cant feel actual baby but dont forget there is placenta and water and ur uterus swells all that padding to protect the baby it is normal i have to sleep with one knee up kinda on my side but still face down when pregnant
    lilmammaweisner

Answer by lilmammaweisner at 1:01 AM on Jun. 28, 2009