head down for how long?

so my little girl has been in position for a month or a little over how long can they stay like that?

brittanymarie89

Asked by brittanymarie89 at 7:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Some babies will stay head down until delivery. Some (like my DD) will flip-flop a bit. Those are the ones you have to worry about b/c if they move around a lot when they get bigger, they can get the cord all twisted or end up being breech or transverse at delivery. That is why your care provider will check at each appointment. Good luck!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 7:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Hopefully until birth. They do move quite a bit. But by the time they get to be around 30 weeks you want them to be head down. Hard to deliver one feet first. It can be done, but it's not ideal.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• my first question to you would be how far along are you? As you move through your pregnancy there is less and less space but babies can move even in labor. There's not really much we can do to stop them. If you are almost due and your baby is head down its likely that she will stay that way. If you are not close to your due date then she can definitely continue to move.
    angelbabies14

Answer by angelbabies14 at 8:12 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• my little guy has been head down since 27 weeks- I got an ultra sound and they said he was head down and the way to tell if he stays his feel for hickups- you will feel a steady beat down by your pubic bone when you feel that he is having hickups. My little man is still head down and Im 33 weeks
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 9:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• 9 months lol really my son came out with a huge bruise on his face and they thought his nose was broke cause for the last 4 months his face was planted in my pelvic bone
    lilmammaweisner

Answer by lilmammaweisner at 12:58 AM on Jun. 28, 2009