Body Piercings (Labret Specifically)

Do you or would you get your labret pierced? (For those who don't know, the labret is the area inder your lip, but above your chin) I was thinking I might get one, but I'm not sure yet.

Second question, if you have one, how much did it cost and how bad did it hurt?

NickyJamesMom

Asked by NickyJamesMom at 7:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've never had mine done, but was a piercer for a while. It looks okay, as long as the jewelry isn't too big. The pain in that area is very minimal. I have the left side of my lip done. Most people don't really have a problem with the pain.
    Marilynz_Mommy

Answer by Marilynz_Mommy at 8:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I want one! I know the local shop does them for $40 here. Ohhhh how badly I want one but hubby says no way. Well that and I am afraid I might get my tongue caught on it.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 7:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I probably wouldn't get that particular piercing done but only b/c I'm not that fond of my chin & don't want to draw attention to it, lol. The pain factor depends a lot on the piercer. A good piercer can make a piercing almost painless. Find a shop in your area & then talk to people who have gotten pierced there. I have my nose pierced & I can honestly say it didn't hurt a bit. My piercer did some breathing exercises with me (almost like Lamaze, lol) & I was totally relaxed when it was done. Good luck!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 7:31 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• JMO, I don't like them on girls/woman. I think they look masculine.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:32 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• LOL, I thought this would be about, down there!!
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 7:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• @Colleen, my mom doesn't want me to get one (I'm living with her right now). But I want to get one really bad!

@funnyface, I have my nose pierced as well. When I got it done, it really didn't hurt that much. My eyes watered a little, but that was it. But when I got my ears pierced, it REALLY stung bad!

And thanks to you all for the advise and opinions.
    NickyJamesMom

Answer by NickyJamesMom at 7:42 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Ohhhhhhhhhhh, I thought you meant your "neether region"

No idea girl!
    Starfire73

Answer by Starfire73 at 7:53 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I've had mine pierced since 2006 & I love it. I can wear captive rings & studs. I think mine cost $30. It didn't hurt at all. But I enjoy getting piercings. I giggled when I got mine done. You should definitely get one...but that's coming from a biased person who loves piercings.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 7:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Never in a million, trillion years.
    AutumnBlessing

Answer by AutumnBlessing at 8:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Btw, it should cost between $30 & $50 depending on the shop, but I wouldn't pay more than that. I used to charge $35 at the shop I worked for. If you go to a tattoo and piercing convention it is always cheaper, and you have many shop options and opinions.
    Marilynz_Mommy

Answer by Marilynz_Mommy at 8:13 PM on Jun. 27, 2009