Do think kids even realize the funny things they say?

My 5 year old daughter and I were just talking about her and my mama trip to Walmart on Tuesday. I said "you know when maw-maw brought you that bra you don't need?", she said "it is just a sports bra, mommy." I said " it is suppossed to be for when women with bigger boobies work out to keep them from bouncing." So she look at me lifted her shirt and pointed to her little boobie and said when "I jump up and down I get these little dots on my boobies that feel funny"- she was talking about her tiny little nipples. It was too funny. A few weeks ago she had gotten into my pads and put 1 on I asked her why she put it on, she said "because I have cramps mommy." Kids say the funniest things!!!

TeriMelisa

Asked by TeriMelisa at 7:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• OMG, I so know what you mean, once when my middle DD was in wal-mart she was almost 3 and talking on her play cell phone, I asked her a question and she said hush mommy, I am on the phone with Dr. Phil ....LOL I just cracked up laughing
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:39 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Sometimes. I think sometimes kids say things just to make you laugh, but for the most part, I think kids say it cause it makes sense to them!

But LOL at your daughter. Mine's only 2, but I know it's coming!
    NickyJamesMom

Answer by NickyJamesMom at 7:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I know what you mean!!!!
    Glickstein

Answer by Glickstein at 7:46 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• My son knew when he said something funny and still does. My son will be 13 next weekend and he thinks he is hilarious. Sometimes he is sometimes he isn't.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2009