So, two weeks since the change over to HDTV.

Any one else out there not switch over and still have their sanity? lol.

MythicMMM

Asked by MythicMMM at 7:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You mean the switch to digital? HD and digital are two different things. HD you have to pay for (most times) and digital is what you now pick up with an antenna.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 8:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Digital is the signal that is sent by a digital cable service and HD is the type of TV that receives HD cable which is also digital. The antenna won't work at all anymore unless you buy a digital receiver. They sell the digital receivers/boxes at Best Buy, Target,etc.
    Anonymous

• Oh the digital thing. I didn't think there were very many people left who still used bunny ear antennas, but my friend has used them all her life until February when it was first said that tv would officially be switched over to digital. So, they bought one of them boxes, hooked it up to their floor model tv, and could only get one dang channel. So, against her wishes, her husband had satellite installed and bought a new tv. Now she has to put up with him watching his dumb sports every moment he is home.
    Anyhow, we have always had either cable or satellite, depending on where we lived. In our house here we have satellite.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• My parents have an antenna and they get alot more channels now. In fact, for them, there's no need to get cable. All the shows they watch are on regular tv and the quality and reception are TONS better now.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 8:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I still don't get squat with antennae and converter box. Now I have to try to buy a booster to see if that helps. Living in a concrete and steel building is safe but it sucks for reception!

Answer by admckenzie at 8:42 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• yep I didn't...Use to watch tv every night with the hubby, now we spend more time talking, he even helps me make dinner. Its great, we still have movies, and we get channel34 which only speaks Spanish,great for us.I think were better off without it
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:46 PM on Jun. 27, 2009