If your friend's dh cheated on her and she forgave him would you lose respect for her?

sweetpea532

Asked by sweetpea532 at 8:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• No. I would feel bad for her and what she had to go through. I don't think I could forgive such a thing.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 1:10 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• No, I would not lose respect for her. To the contrary, I think it would increase my respect for her. To forgive is a hard thing to do, especially in a situation like your friend's.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• No, I'd be there for her no matter what. It is not up to me to dictate who she loves. If the cheating kept going on then I'd have some issues, but if it was a one time thing, I'd have to respect her feelings and keep my mouth shut.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 8:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• No, and I think if you do you're not much of a friend. If it was a constant ongoing thing then maybe you'd have to understand that she needs your support and love..

People have to make their own decisions in life, and yes... sometimes their own mistakes. You need to love and support her... Maybe now more than ever.
    catwalksymphony

Answer by catwalksymphony at 8:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• No. I think you need to support your friend no matter what she chooses to do.
    NickyJamesMom

Answer by NickyJamesMom at 8:12 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• nope its her choice to forgive not mine. would i lose respect for him, probably, but i'd push my way past it and try to forgive him as well.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• No. I gave my husband (before we were married) a second chance, and I'm so glad I did. He hasn't proven me wrong. Just because someone cheats doesn't mean the marriage or relationship is over.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• no, it would be none of my business. Forgiveness is a virtue not a sin.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• No, I would think she is a much bigger person than I think I could be if put in that situation. I would pray she would not be hurt again by the same thing, and I would be there to support her no matter what.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 8:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• No, thats between the two of them. If you are going to lose respect for friend for trying to save her marraige, then you probably arent a real friend any way.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 8:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2009