hmm.. what would you do?

i have an amazing boyfriend but for the past month we haven't been able to see eachother too much. like we really only saw eachother 3 times in the past month just because he got a new job and has been working a lot and has school. and we live a half hour away from eachother so its kind of hard. it just feels like i don't even have a boyfriend anymore, like honestly if we were to break up nothing in my life would change. should i just wait this out and see if things change? or would it be better to just break up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't know. I live in the country, and I am in a long distance relationship, so to me, half an hour is not that far, and seeing him 3 times in a month would be awesome. :) (My boyfriend is 611 miles away). I would try to wait it out, if I were you. Do you still talk a lot? Do you call each other frequently? How long have you been together? Were things pretty good before this, or is this just kind of the last of a long line of things that are bothering you? You have to look at all these things. If you're really not happy, then you shouldn't stay, but if you care about him, if you want to be with him, then you just have to look at this as one of those tough times in the relationship that you have to weather in order to get back to the good times.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:18 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• if you want to break up because of distance then you or both of you aren't very committed to the relationship, or aren't ready to be in a serious one anyway. really not trying to sound harsh and sorry if i'm coming off that way. my hubby was in iraq for 15 months while i was pregnant and he didn't get to call or email everyday, sometimes i went almost a week without hearing a word from him. it takes a lot of maturity to hold any kind of relationship, it takes twice as more to do it "long distance"
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• *twice as much. sorry
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• email him, txt him, IM him, use the webcam or skype. It'll be like he's there with you.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:32 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• If you really care about him then stick it out for a while. All relationships go through tough patches. Maybe down the road you'll be looking back on this period, remembering how hard it was and feeling thankful that you and he share a roof and see each other each night. School won't last forever but if this relationship is real it might!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• If it hurts so much to be separated that you can hardly stand it, then you really are serious about him.

Answer by Bmat at 9:23 PM on Jun. 27, 2009