wat do I do if my baby can't make an bowel movement

Vonchella

Asked by Vonchella at 8:44 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• how old is the baby?
    Anonymous

• Give your baby a teaspoon of kero syrup in there bottle and they will poop with in 2-6 hours it works.
    Anonymous

• I know this will sound weird but my 5 year olds dr. told me to do it when she was a baby. When she got real constipated he told me to barely put a rectal thermometer in her rectum. The baby's automatic reaction is to push the thermometer out. I did it with my daughter a few times, it really works. Just watch out they can push hard and spew a bit. Remember barely put it in do not go to far.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 9:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Prune juice, lots of fruit juice makes mine get the runs.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• Symptoms please. And diet. I need specifics. Last BM was when? And what was it like? What are your concerns?

Karo is not recommended for infants. Their website states this, as it can carry a risk for botulism poisoning, just like honey.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• i would try prune juice if not then call your dr
    parisonmom

Answer by parisonmom at 11:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• my baby is 4 mo and his dr. recommended gerber apple prune juice. it worked great.
    mustanggrl74

Answer by mustanggrl74 at 11:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2009