Car Seat Installation Question

I bought Alpha Omega Elite from walmart for my 6 month old. I am rear facing it in my car but I have no clue how to install it in my car with a lap belt. It shows to go under the seat when reclined but I tried and it looks like my belt won't fit but it would have to cuz every car buckle is about the same size....any help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Does your car not have anchors? Most newer cars have them, and they are the safest way to put your babys seat in....how old is your car?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:58 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• No it doesn't....its a 95 intrepid
    Anonymous

• Hmmmmm, I wish I could look at it....I might could tell the problem....I am better at installing them when they have the latch system, so sorry.

But if you drive to the local police station or fire dept. they will usually install them for you!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• really...I never knew that. hmm I might have to if my husband can't figure it out
    Anonymous

• Find a CPST in your area. Not all cops/firefighters are certified with car seats. They try to help, but might not be trained in that area.

Did you actually try to install it, or you haven't yet because it doesn't look like it will fit? It should fit. You may need to adjust the belt. Personally, I'd go to a tech.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:06 PM on Jun. 27, 2009

• I'm not sure what you mean that it won't fit. The seat belt should fit through the rear facing belt path... it will be the hole closest to the seat. It helps if you take the bottom part of the cover off so you can see what you are doing... so that you don't aaccidently thread the belt though the harness straps. If you find that the buckle part (the part with the button to push) if that part is too long it's okay to twist that section to make it shorter. But if you have to do anything like that I would have a tech help you so that you do it right.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:30 PM on Jun. 27, 2009